BECOMING YOUR 1
As I have come to the end of another year and starting a new one, I decide that it would be a good idea to reflect on the changes that took place in my life. I have made some major changes in my life, and it deserves a look back. I hope you do mind me going down memory lane for was was a wonderful year
My life of 2021
- I relocated to Florida. This was the biggest and most memorable change for me in my life. I have been wanting to move to Florida since 1986.I planned in my mind that I would relocate to Dade County and start a new glamourous life like to one I would watch on Miami Vice. I had thought about it, planned it out, packed and was ready to go but for one reason or another I did not leave. I mean I relocated to Virginia only to come back a month later. I also went to Denver, Colorado. I thought this was it. But September the 11th happened and again I had to returned to Jersey. God had other plans.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11. God’s plans don’t always line up with ours. We try to get ahead of him not understanding that his timing is perfect. I’m the happiest I have been in years all because I stop trusting in me and start truly trusting in God.
2. I start my dream job. I am a General Manager at a small marina hotel. This is perfect for me. I get to see the water daily and run a boutique hotel. God will give you the desires of your heart. I also know this is my last job. The next steps I will take will be to be running my group coaching business so I can encourage women to be free of the craziness of their lives and live at peace.
3. I change in my relationship with God. I stop telling God what to do and starting praise him for all he has done. This was a yearlong process. I had to learn to love God for who he saw in me and not how I felt about me. Too often we change God presents in our lives based on how we feel. Jesus says in John 4:23-24 “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. “I have learned that the spirit does not leave but is a constant no matter what is going on in my life.
4. I stop denying I needed help and started helping myself. I went for therapy. I stop making the excuse that I will just pray on it. No, I needed to talk about it. I needed a sounding board for my feelings that I couldn’t express because I thought they were selfish. I learn that self-care is not selfish it is selfless. Then I saw that it was biblical my God it was epic. Jesus said in Mark 12:31 “ And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.” If Jesus said that this is a great commandment, how am I to not follow what he says and take care of myself.
5. I stop lying to myself about my situation. My life will never change if I did not take ownership of how I have handled my past, present and future. I am complete responsible for how I handle me. I can’t lie to myself about myself. I have issues and concerns that need addressing. I can’t be transformed if I don’t acknowledge that there are some things that need to be changed. Transformation is an action word. I had to move. I can’t say things need to change but not put it into work to make it happen.
6. I started accepting people right where they are. Everyone journey is not the same and I can’t expect everyone to move like me. I am a natural fighter. If something comes against me I will fight. I am learning that everyone’s not built that way. Some people get knock down and stay down. They don’t fight back. They will have someone else fight for them. This was a pet peeve of mine. I couldn’t stand the victim mindset. I am learning that it is not a victim mindset but trauma that is scaring them away from freedom. I have to respect there position and help where I can and left when I can’t.
7. I began the process of become a full-time entrepreneur. I am a author yes, life coach yes, and Reverend yes. To be a entrepreneur I must prepare for the people that will be on my team. I must learn to lean on someone else’s expertise about the businesses I want to start. I don’t know everything, so I need to allow others to assist or better yet take the wheel and drive me into my destiny. This is a hard one for me because I have been a solo act to have a team working for me took me some time. Now I am ready come on team let’s go.
I started working on my “desire” list. When God blessed me with my dream move, I decided to start working on everything I desired to do. I have so many things that I thought would never happen and now I see them coming to past. Sometimes we give up on dreams and desires because them don’t happen when we want them to. We start getting older and the dream fades . I am learning just like Abraham and Sarah that you maybe but you are able. I got to spend my birthday on a beach first time. My birthday is in November and in Jersey that was a no-go. It was such a blessing. God and me alone was wonderful. Many more of these blessings are coming and I will enjoy each and every one of them.
I become an empty nester this year. My last baby left our house. My husband and I are alone and loving every minute of it. We went from have a blended household of 8 ( 2 parents and 6 kids). Let’s just say we made it. Now we get to do what we want to do when we want to do it. We are free.
I lost me to become me. I have lost being a full-time mom to being a grandmother of 11. I have lost trying to fight other people’s battles to learning to mind my own business. I have my own battle that I need to start winning. I have lost the mindset of I have to have a job to I have to run my businesses. I want to leave my grands a legacy and that can’t happen if I am building other people legacies.
I hope that as you read my life look back for 2021 that you will take some time to do the same. Do a self-reflection on some of the ways your life has change and how you can make this year desires and dreams come true with a little push from yourself.